Psst: Pin the link to this page into your Games Room for smooth access
For the spontaneous (5- or 10-minute) games:
- Pull a co-worker into the fun room (hover over person & click "invite")
- Select a game
- Start & enjoy!
For the planned pre-scheduled or over time activities:
- Follow instructions below
- Have fun!
# 5 minute activities
1. The Plank Challenge (2 players+) 💪🏻
- Tilt your computer camera towards the floor
- Get down on the floor - in the classical plank position
- The last one standing wins!
2. Charades (4 players+) 👁
- Pick a category: animal, celebrity or profession. If you like, set a 5-min-timer.
- Assign the first game leader
- Leader: send a private message with the selected animal/celebrity/profession to the first performer
- Performer: turn off the audio & start acting
- The first person to guess wins, and is the new game leader
3. Two lies & the truth (2 players+) 🕵🏻♀️
- Everyone comes up with two lies and one truth about themselves. Label them A, B, C.
- Go around the room & tell your A, B, C while the listeners write down which they think is true
- Uncover your guesses and the truth. The person with most right guesses wins.
4. Pictionary (4 players+) 🖍
- Decide on the first game leader
- The game leader sends a private message to the first drawer & tells the person what to draw
- That person tilts the camera so the paper is shown and starts drawing.
- The rest starts guessing
- The one who guesses right wins a point and is the new game leader.
5. Opposite Pictionary (3 players+) ✍🏽
- Assign the first game leader
- The first leader comes up with something the rest should draw but does not tell the rest of the team what it is (Example: a cry-laugh-smiley).
- Set a 1 minute timer and get started: The leader explains in words what the others shall draw. (Example: "Start with a circle. Then there are 2 circles within that circle. Underneath the small circles you find..")
- As time is up, everyone shows their drawings to the camera. The prettiest, most close to what it was supposed to portray, wins (=team decision).
# 10 minute activities
1. Musical Chairs (2 players+) 🎶
- Select who starts by being DJ & make sure everyone can physically dance around the chair.
- DJ: turn on a song on your phone & set a timer until alarm on the phone which'll interrupt the music
- Sound & video on for all; everyone starts dancing around the individual chair
- When the music stops, sit down as fast as you can
- The last one sitting is out & is now the DJ.
- First woman/man sitting among the 2 finalists wins.
2. Kahoot Quiz (2 players+) 🕹
- Decide on a game leader
- Access https://kahoot.it
- The game decides on a quiz. E.g. Music quiz or Disney quiz
- Enter the game pin, a nickname & start quizzing. The one with most correct & fastest answers wins.
3. Who am I? (3 players+) 👤
- Decide who assigns a person to whom (use tile view as the "circle" if that helps) - everyone assigns one famous person and gets a famous person assigned. (Example: Jen —> Bob. Bob —> Carl. Carl —> Jen)
- Use the chat to inform everyone but the person you've chosen the character for who (s)he "is". (Example: Jen writes to Carl who Bob shall guess).
- The youngest in the team starts asking yes/no questions to guess her/his character. As soon as the answer is no it is the next person's turn.
- The first one to uncover the character wins the game.
# Pre-planned activities
1. Virtual Lunch Roulette 🍝
- Decide which day to host Lunch Roulette next & share a calendar invite (use below text)
- Anyone who wants to join shows up in the virtual kitchen / lunch room upon start. Bring food!
- Break out into smaller groups of 2 or max 3 people per room (add new rooms if needed)
- Have an informal lunch together. Use the know-me-better-questions if you like
- Enjoy getting to know each other better!
2. Guess the Baby - your picture needed 👶🏼
Login to Kahoot recommended. Backup option: shared slide deck; leader administrates.
- Find a baby picture of yourself
- Decide on a game leader, who either uses Kahoot or makes a slide deck & asks everyine in the team to submit a baby picture by a certain day & time and schedules the game
- Submit your picture as instructed by the leader
- Show up for the activity Guess who is who
- The person with most correct answers wins
3. Afterwork Party 🥳
- Pick a theme (80s dress-up party, ugly hat competition, craziest shirt wins, other..)
- Send out a calendar invite & time for the party including theme instructions
- Buy & grab your favorite drink
- Assign a winner when the Afterwork party starts
- Have a great time together; if you like, select a game e.g. Truth or Drink.
4. Truth or Drink 🍸
- Select a time and date & share a calendar invite after hours
- Gather virtually for an informal get-together with your favorite drink
- The most techy person in the gang creates a poll using https://www.sli.do/ while everyone individually comes up with fun questions for the game. Anyone including yourself could be the one who gets to respond.
- Submit your questions to the pot using the code on the website
- Use Google’s randomized number selector & go around the virtual “room” to determine who gets which question
- You can choose if you rather respond to the question or drink.
5. Random facts about the team 👻
- Decide on this week's activity leader who sets a deadline for input & schedules the game
- Come up with a random fact about yourself & share it with the game leader
- The leader uses Kahoot to submit one fact and 4 name alternatives per question
- Gather, log in to kahoot.it, enter game pin and guess what fact correlates to whom
- The fastest & most correct player wins
6. Finnish Cover band Music Competition 📀
Requires a game leader with Spotify access
- Pre-schedule the event & assign who will be the DJ
- Only the DJ may check this playlist (cheating sucks!)
- Gather up & compete either individually or in teams of 2.
- The DJ plays the Finnish version of the song. 1 point per correctly guessed song title and one per band.
- DJ only: Start the game using this Spotify playlist.
# Compete over time
For these activities we recommend you create a team scoreboard (e.g. using Google Sheets) and pin it into your team room.
1. Weekend Picture Competition 📸
- Share your favorite weekend picture with the rest of the team before Monday 09 am
- Vote for the one you like best (may not be your own..) and set a deadline to vote
- The picture with most votes wins
- Pin a link into your team room to keep track of the winner of the weekend over time
2. Step Competition Scoreboard 🏃🏽♀️
- Create a Google Spreadsheet with everyone's name & daily tracker
- For 1 week, ask everyone to fill in the no of steps taken into the sheet
- Move as much as you possibly can (create a "walk & talk" room if you don't have one already and use the web version to dial in to Teemyco!)
- By Friday lunch - see who won this week's challenge by having most steps
- Update the scoreboard that's pinned into your virtual team room
3. Daily Motivational Song Meetup 📻
Pro-tip: if all of you have Spotify, pin a playlist in the room & let people add the songs there.
- Between 08:45-09:00, meet in the open workspace (share calendar reminder if needed)
- Share one motivational song (YouTube link) with everyone else who is there
- Vote for the winner of the day
- 09:00 time to get to work - enjoy a lovely day of work!